Software testing has various techniques which are used to check various aspects of the software and detect problems so that the developers can work on them further to make it a product of superior quality. One of the important techniques of software testing is agile test. Agile testing is a method where software testing is not viewed as a separate section but as an integral part of the software development life cycle. This is exactly why esters often claim software testing in the agile era as a mindset rather than a testing technique.
- Agile testing of software usually consists of various groups of testers who perform the tests together. These groups must be in sync with each other. The various groups of testers should be well educated about the project they are testing so that they know exactly where it can go wrong and pay special attention to those areas. One of the best ways to get addicted is by incorporation of the testers from the initial stage of development. This will help the testers grow along with the software.
- Agile testing is all about feedback. Hence documentation of the procedure is an important factor when it comes to agile testing. As the technology is developing at a rapid pace, it is absolutely must that you keep the documentation is up to date at all point of time. This will help you in better testing of the software. Also you must consider smart documentation. Agile testing of software can be tough and testers must engage as much time as possible in the testing procedure. Hence automated documentation of the procedure is preferred at all time. The trick lies in balancing the act of updating the documents and providing maximum time in actual testing procedure.
- The traditional mindset of the testers needs to be replaced with metrics. It is not the number of tests that you perform matter but the quality of test that you perform which matters. When you are testing the software, always keep in mind that you are the representative of the end users and your main focus should be in the delivery of quality products which can be used by them easily. So instead of focusing on the number of defects you found or the overall pass rate of the script you have been testing, focus on the fact which will make the product a better one for the users.
- Till date, the QA team is considered to be a separate kingdom where they deal with alien job. However, this is not so and the idea must be changed. The success of software testing in agile era lies in the fact that the testers be incorporated in the development life cycle. They belong there and are a part of the main process. This incorporation will allow them to communicate freely with the developers which will enhance the testing as well as developing process as the developers will be able to get a clearer idea about the defects, in turn being able to solve he issues at end better to create a more potent software.
These are the few ways in which software testing in agile era can be performed and will help in betterment of the software on a whole.
Software testing is a relatively new division of the IT industry which has gained quite some popularity in a small period of time. As the organizations are getting an idea of how important software testing is for the popularity of the software, they are on a look out for a bunch of good software testers for their QA department so that they can deliver quality product to their customers. Following are some of the qualities which will help you become a good software tester and in turn, a valuable asset to your company.
- Contextual Adaptability: Software testing usually varies from organization to organizations as well as the piece of software being tested and the basis on which it is tested. So the software tester must be well versed in multiple techniques so that he can adapt to the changing situations and work with similar ease in each of the situations.
- Knowledge of Testing Techniques: With the advancement on the software testing procedures, more and more techniques are being developed each day which test the software for various features or similar features under varying conditions. A good software tester is one who is well adapted in all the current techniques that are raging the market.
- Programming Skills: in order to understand the testing result or to test the software for extremities, one must have considerable knowledge about the programming of the same. Automated testing requires a detailed knowledge about the programming of the software whereas manual testing can be best done only if the tester has a good knowledge about the working of the software.
- Understanding of Business Needs: In order to test the varying aspects of a software, you need to know what the software is intended to do. This knowledge can be attained only if you have a clear idea about the business goals of your organization relating to the software.
- Think from Users Perspective: As the software tester, your primary objective is customer satisfaction. You must have the mindset of the end user in order to get a hang of what they are expecting out of the software so that you can test it accordingly.
- Good Communication Skills: When you are finished with the testing procedure, you need to revert back to the developers with the flaws so that they can rectify them. No one likes to get their flaws pointed out and hence you need to put them down in a tactical manner so as not to offend the developers. This can be done only if you have a good communication skill.
- Knowing What to Prioritize: As a good software tester, it is your primary job to detect the testing criteria or situations which you need to test the software on in order to deliver a superior quality product. Along with the situations you must also prioritize the specifications for the test.
- Continuous Learning: Technology or IT is the most rapidly developing section of science and hence keeping yourself updated all the time is an absolute must so as to stay at par with the advancement. This can be achieved only by continuous study of the subject to gain knowledge about latest developments.
We believe that if you can develop these traits, you will be able to shine as a software tester.
As the age is advancing in terms of technology, we are being gifted by more options which are easing our daily life. However, with these advancements, it is also making our data more exposed to the hackers, producing more security threats. Previously the threats were only related to criminal issues which revolved either around stealing credit card or bank account passwords or people out to teach the corporate guys a lesson. But nowadays the security threats have become more violent and are related to nation-state attacks. Following are some of the top software security threats prevailing in today’s world.
- Nation-State Attacks: The hack of the Belgacom exposed a vital security threat where the whole telecom system was hacked by the enemy spies and all the client information was exposed to be used by the spies for unethical purposes. The likes of Regin are one of the many malware systems which can be used to by unethical people to crack into the telecom systems and pose as threats.
- Extortion: Extortion is another security hack that is slowly cropping up in the IT industry. Hackers are busy cracking into the software of the IT giants to seek information which will help them to blackmail the industry owners for money. These types of security threats are usually conveyed through the help of Ransomware which help in getting into the various database of the high profile clients so as to lynch out vital data which can be used against them to extort money.
- Data Destruction: Apart from extortion of money from the high profile clients on the pretext of data extraction another side of this same crime is the destruction of the data from the database which has been hacked into. These sophisticated hacking procedures require high levels of skill to be operated. These types of hacking make the whole system inoperable as it removes the whole data regarding the master reboot nonexistent.
- Bank Card Breaches: This security breach of the software has been prevalent almost since the dawn of the credit and debit cards. The hackers snoop into the database of the various banks to scoop out the password of the cards and then use them for various purposes. The hackers are also employing systems to crack the passwords. However the banks are creating new cards known as the EMV which will probably be harder to crack into but the vendors will require new machines to swipe them.
- Third-Party Breaches: The third party breaches are a new technique of breaching into the database of high profile clients by the hackers. In this technique the hackers break into the database of less important parties with the intention of accessing the database of larger clients through them. This system eases the hacking process as the unimportant middle man has low level of security and hence can be easily hacked into. However, these third party breaches are a sign which confirms the increased levels of security systems for which the hackers have to restore to such detours to get into the system of the high profile clients.
- Critical Infrastructure: Critical infrastructure are the kind of hackings where the hackers are targeting the various industrial control systems which are open source in nature and can be modified by the various customers as and when the need to do so and hackers use this to gain remote access.
We hope that this list of security threats will help you to develop more secure software for your customers to use with utmost safety.
In the present day world, apps have become the centre of daily life. This makes it an important issue to make the apps deliver top notch performances. To ensure that your app is the best of the best as far as performance is concerned, you need to put it through performance testing and the following tips will help to get the best out of it.
- Monitor/ Investigate App User Patterns: Monitor/ investigate app user patterns along with load and devoid of load allows the tester to understand the stability issues of the software and they can thus imply required testing procedures for optimum test results.
- Test Functional Scenarios with Different Connection Qualities/ Virtual Networks Simulation: Testing the performance of the software along with various kinds of internet connection which have varying speed helps in understanding the software’s performance in varying circumstances.
- Test in Production Environment: The factors such as memory configurations, balancing of load and firewalls have a considerable effect on the performance of the software being developed. Hence the software’s performance is best tested in an environment which it will face in the real world.
- Functional Test While Load is Occurring: The software which you have developed may tend to malfunction when a particular amount of load has been applied to it. However detecting it may be a pain and hence functional testing during spike testing is recommended.
- Evolution of Performance testing to System Performance Monitoring: When you are putting the software under a particular performance testing procedure, make sure to run it constantly so that you may asses the performance of the same under various conditions.
- Conduct On-Going Performance Sessions: When you have put your software through timed performance testing procedures, you now need to test the same under prolonged conditions because you are not sure of how long the user will be using the software in the real world.
- Beta Management: When you are releasing your app for a beta test to a limited number of customers, you are allowing it to experience the real world situation which will provide you with better results of the performance of the app.
- Backend Database Testing: While you are testing the performance of your software, it is very important to test the database of the same. This will ensure that the end users are getting a full proof experience while using your application.
- Log Analysis: Monitoring the log files of your app, both on the client and the developers side, will provide you with vital information on the performance of the app which can be used to make the app a better version of itself.
- DevOps Involvement: Restricting the performance testing procedure to just the testing team will affect the testing procedure hugely. You need to involve the development as well as operational team in the process for better understanding of test results.
- User Experience: Pay special heed to the comments left by your users on the performance of your app as it cannot be completely mimicked by your developers or testers.
- Crowd Testing: Crowd testing is very important to check the performance of your software as it will help you to truly asses the same under the various conditions that the app is likely to face in the real world where people of varying situations will use it.
These are some of the best tips which you can follow while putting your application through the performance testing procedure in order to get the maximum obtainable results so as to make your app an even better one depending on the results.
Have you ever thought what would happen to us if we didn’t have software to ease our daily life? Just the question or the thought of a software-less world gives nightmares, doesn’t it? Well, thankfully we won’t have to face such a day. However, in order to make sure that your customer uses your software loyally (and doesn’t scoot over to the one launched by your competitor) you need to provide them with the perfect software which is free of bugs, updates fast, adapts to various environments and stress levels and recovers fast after it has stopped working due to some problem.
- Black Box Testing checks out the functional aspect of your software without concentrating much on the design of the internal build up.
- White Box Testing mainly stresses on the coding of the software. It checks out whether the internal software and coding of the software are pitch perfect or not.
- Unit Testing which is usually the job of the programmers, checks the sanity of the various small portions in which the software may be broken down into and requires huge knowledge in coding.
- Incremental Integration Testing is a continuous testing procedure which keeps checking the software as additional modules are being integrated to it so that they can be checked for their compatibility to one another.
- Integration Testing is perfect for testing the behavior of the modules when they are integrated and how they are dependent on one another.
- Functional Testing tests how the software functions. It gives you an insight on the output of the software when a particular input is provided so that you can check whether it gives the desired results.
- System Testing tests the software as a whole and doesn’t pay heed to the individual modules.
- End-To-End Testing provides a reality check for the software. While in SDLC, the software is checked in developmental area where the platform you are using may be different from that of the customers. This test will give you the actual performance result which will occur in reality.
- Sanity Testing pushes your software to the end limits of its stress and checks how stable, it is at that point and how much time it takes to pounce back into its original form once it hangs.
- Regression Testing is probably the most important tests of SDLC as it checks the whole software and provides you with a detailed report of all the modifications that the software needs in order to make it as perfect as possible to make it desirable to the customers.
- Alpha Testing checks out the workability of your software in the developmental area itself by boosting it with a virtually created real world experiences that it may face once launched.
- Beta Testing is the ultimate test which is done by the real life end users to check how well the software is suited for them. It determines the final changes you need to make before launching the system or sending it into mass production.
There are many more software testing procedures which are being followed in the market these days, however, the above mentioned are the most popular ones, which will provide you with maximum coverage as long as it comes to software testing. They will provide you with as detailed a report on the tweaks that needs to be done, as possible.
The world is primarily driven by competition since the ancient era and hence Darwin stated “survival of the fittest”. The situation is no different in case of the present time. On the contrary it has further aggravated. The world today is solely based on competition and in order to be the favourite among your customers, you have to pay special attention to the performance of your product.
The IT industry is no different when it comes to completion. Be it a personal app or a social one, there are hundreds of people who are creating apps which will have the same outcome as the one you have developed. So why will people choose your app over that of your competitors? Simple! Because your app provides them with better performance. This is primarily why you should put your app through performance testing before launching it to the public so that you can rectify the minor glitches which might affect the performance of the software you have developed.
ZenQ provides you with one of the best performance testing procedure for your software so that you can build a better performing one which will be accolade by the customers. At ZenQ, the group of testers take special care of your need and requirements and tests your software accordingly so that you can get the accurate and precise results based on which you will be able to rectify the problems which might crop up and may develop an even better software that will be a hot favourite among your customers and will become hugely popular in a short span of time.
So why should you choose ZenQ as your performance testing partner?
- It provides services which are cost effective yet has the top notch quality.
- ZenQ has a CoE or centre of excellence which is solely dedicated for the performance testing of your software.
- The past records of ZenQ shows that it is well equipped for performance testing of large applications which requires proficient testers and tools.
- With the help and support of thousands of users who use the software concurrently, ZenQ has created multi layer testing procedures which are both comprehensive in nature and customized to the needs and requirements of your software.
- ZenQ helps you to validate the performance of your software in real world situations so that you know exactly how it will work in the hands of the customers.
With a detailed report of the performance of your applications in such situation, you are bound to be clear about the various problems that your software could face when it is being dealt with in the real world and hence provides you with a chance to deliver your customers with better performing software.
ZenQ is available for software testers who are busy testing apps for both the desktop as well as the mobile devices. They have a team which is dedicated to testing your software with a proper flexible test plan and core problem areas that your software may face depending on the device which is going to host the application as well as the operating systems that will run the same. It also pays special heed to application with media and load testing of apps which are based on clients.
Now that you are aware of the essentials of performance testing of your app or software in order to make it a successful one and the benefits that are provided to you by ZenQ, we are sure that you will opt to the performance testing services of the company for a better performing software.
Software testing is one of the most important parts of the software development life cycle which determines the success of the software in the user level. In this hectic world, no one has the time to spend on underrated software. People will not spare a minute to switch over to something new which has better performance level. Software testing ensures that your software is top notch and well accepted by the users.
Stress testing is the part of the software testing which deals with checking the robustness of the same. It checks the performance of the software under increased load or stressed situations, detects the glitches and reports back so that you can rectify them and create a better software. Various automated tools are available for the stress testing of the software and some of the bests are listed below.
- Apache JMeter: Apache JMeter is a stress testing tool which is specifically made for the applications which run on Java. It is equipped with an integrated test planning tool which helps in the testing of the software under various aggravated conditions.
- LoadRunner: LoadRunner has been manufactured by Hewlett Packard which can be utilised for checking the various performance issues of the software under various unfavourable conditions. One of the major advantages of the tool is that thousands of the users can utilize it at the same time.
- WebLOAD: Using the likes of Ajax, Adobe Flex, .NET, Oracle Forms, HTML5 etc, WebLOAD helps in checking the stress level of various web applications that are developed each day. It helps in checking performance of the web app in large scales with a huge number of users.
- Appvance: The unique design of Appvance allows people to produce codeless testing facilities which help in the stress testing procedure of the application. This tool can be used to stress test of the application from the beginning of the development.
- NeoLoad: If you are looking for a website which can be used to test and analyse the performance of any web applications under stressful or overloaded situations. It helps in the optimization of the various performance issues by evaluating the available results and thus helping you to rectify the various problems.
- LoadUI: LoadUI is an open source stress testing tool which works best along with performance testing tool SoapUI. This tool can be used to check the stress handling capability of various web applications. It is both flexible and interactive and eases the testing procedure.
- WAPT: This is one of those tools which give best value for money. WAPT allows you to test your various web applications under variable conditions. This stress testing tool allows you to check the application under variety of loads and is compatibility with all of the major browsers and operating systems.
- Loadster: The scripts produced by Loadster, by testing the various applications, is easy to figure out so that they can be rectified to produce a better application. It is based on HTTP functionality and stimulates large number of virtual users.
With the help of these tools, the stress testing procedure of the various software will be a lot easier and faster and the results produced will be more accurate in nature for better rectification of the same.