automation testing services
The automated testing is the present and pretty much the future of testing. Most of the tools used for automated testing in JAVA apps are open source, those derived from Junit. But these tools vary from sector to sector depending upon the business purpose and validation components.
JAVA apps are one of the most popular things on the internet. The internet is flooded with these apps. But what are the tools which help creating and making the JAVA app as good as it is. There are various tools available in the market,which play a crucial role in testing for such apps.
The following are the important automated tools used for testing JAVA apps:
JSF: JSF is an integral part of a web-based framework for User Interface development. The standard reusable components can be easily used to create a UI. Java Server Faces containXML, Bean & other tags.
XML: XML is another extension of Junit. The unit performs validation of XML structure and comparisons between the actual and expected XML is made.
EJB: The Enterprise JAVA Bean is basically revolving around the Business logic. JunitEE could be used for the EJB based projects though the JUnit is still the most popular choice.
Karma: Karma is one of the most popular testing tools for Angular application. It is maintained by the Angular team at Google. It runs various test cases and files with the configuration of karna.confs.js and displays the result via the command prompt.
WATIR: Watir is a popular web application testing tools developed in Ruby. It requires the tester to have a fair knowledge about its language Ruby and all the functions that are required to be performed are written in Ruby.
Swing: Swing comprises of a set of libraries in JAVA to create a rich GUI. Among the popular unit testing frameworks are the frameworks such as Abbot, UISpecs4J, Fest, QF-Test.
These were the top 10 tools for automated testing of Java apps. Share other tools, if you any, below in comments.
Software testing is a relatively new division of the IT industry which has gained quite some popularity in a small period of time. As the organizations are getting an idea of how important software testing is for the popularity of the software, they are on a look out for a bunch of good software testers for their QA department so that they can deliver quality product to their customers. Following are some of the qualities which will help you become a good software tester and in turn, a valuable asset to your company.
- Contextual Adaptability: Software testing usually varies from organization to organizations as well as the piece of software being tested and the basis on which it is tested. So the software tester must be well versed in multiple techniques so that he can adapt to the changing situations and work with similar ease in each of the situations.
- Knowledge of Testing Techniques: With the advancement on the software testing procedures, more and more techniques are being developed each day which test the software for various features or similar features under varying conditions. A good software tester is one who is well adapted in all the current techniques that are raging the market.
- Programming Skills: in order to understand the testing result or to test the software for extremities, one must have considerable knowledge about the programming of the same. Automated testing requires a detailed knowledge about the programming of the software whereas manual testing can be best done only if the tester has a good knowledge about the working of the software.
- Understanding of Business Needs: In order to test the varying aspects of a software, you need to know what the software is intended to do. This knowledge can be attained only if you have a clear idea about the business goals of your organization relating to the software.
- Think from Users Perspective: As the software tester, your primary objective is customer satisfaction. You must have the mindset of the end user in order to get a hang of what they are expecting out of the software so that you can test it accordingly.
- Good Communication Skills: When you are finished with the testing procedure, you need to revert back to the developers with the flaws so that they can rectify them. No one likes to get their flaws pointed out and hence you need to put them down in a tactical manner so as not to offend the developers. This can be done only if you have a good communication skill.
- Knowing What to Prioritize: As a good software tester, it is your primary job to detect the testing criteria or situations which you need to test the software on in order to deliver a superior quality product. Along with the situations you must also prioritize the specifications for the test.
- Continuous Learning: Technology or IT is the most rapidly developing section of science and hence keeping yourself updated all the time is an absolute must so as to stay at par with the advancement. This can be achieved only by continuous study of the subject to gain knowledge about latest developments.
We believe that if you can develop these traits, you will be able to shine as a software tester.
Automation testing is the branch of mobile software testing which utilizes certain test codes or pre written scripts to check the software of probable bugs and flaws which are to be rectified to create a better version of the same such that it is better accepted by the customers. Automated testing not only provides accurate results but also saves time and is thus considered to be a valuable asset.
- Automated Software Testing Saves Time and Money: Repetition is a common phenomenon when it comes to testing the mobile apps. This is due to the fact that the software needs testing during various phases of development. The automated testing frameworks can be reused again and again and hence save money in the procedure. The testing process is completed in a jiffy and multiple machines can conduct testing simultaneously. This saves a lot of time while the process is on the go.
- Automated Testing Improves Accuracy: Automated testing runs on a simulated framework with accurate precision. As it is conducted by the machine, the same precision is maintained each and every time the tests are performed. It is said that “to err is human”. Even the most professional tester will commit some mistake at one point or the other. But a machine will never make this mistake.
- Automated Testing Increase Test Coverage: Manual testing requires long time to be completed and hence in most cases is avoided when long tests are to be conducted. However, when mobile automation testing is conducted, the test may be left unattended and would be performed with equal precision on its own. This makes automation testing a valuable tool in case of mobile testing. The automated testing procedure conducts multiple complex tests which provide with an increased coverage area which helps in the formation of a better mobile app.
- Automation Does What Manual Testing Cannot: Manual testing is performed by human, and well, let’s face it, they have limitations. Manual testing of user interface will require actual users to conduct the test. On the contrary, automation testing can perform the user interface test taking ten, hundreds or thousands of people without their actual presence in a virtual manner.
- Automated QA Testing Helps Developers and Testers: Automated tests that are shared with the developers can save a lot of time in the testing procedure. The developers can run the tests themselves and get results before having to send it to the QA department and hence the rectification can be done immediately without to be having to wait for the QA department to send back the results. This helps in boosting the confidence of the developers and saves time too.
- Team Morale Improves: As the repetitive tasks can be left to the automated testing of mobile apps, the software testing team can invest their valuable time in conjuring solutions for the more challenging tasks at hand which require personal attention to be resolved. This way a better testing procedure can be strategized and better results can be obtained.
Thus you see how mobile automated testing is valuable in the software testing industry. Yes! We accept that automation testing can never completely replace the manual procedure, but it has its own perks which should be utilized as far as possible.
Most of the large organizations these days are in favour of outsourcing the QA department to a specialized organization so that their team can concentrate solely on the developmental features of the product. As the software testing procedure is a prime factor in the success of the software and hence its popularity, choosing a good QA testing partner for your firm is of utmost importance. The following tips will lead you to a wise selection of QA testing partner.
- Look at their Client Portfolio and Testimonials: One of the best ways to judge the work of an organization is by reviewing their past works. Their portfolio will give you the various works that have been done by them which will show how experienced and skilled the workers are and then you can judge whether they will be able to fulfil you criteria or not. Software development is a vast region and your QA testing partner should be able to provide you service irrespective of the topic you work in.
- Cross-Cultural Compatibility Study: Many IT companies are now choosing QA partners at a country which is different from where the development team hails from. In such cases, it is absolutely necessary that the management pays close attention to the cultural, social, economical and political situation of your partner country. Also check out if other companies are outsourcing their work to the country you have selected. If a large number of other companies have selected your choice, it simply shows that you choice deliver trustworthy services.
- Cost of Contract: When you are in a business organization, your primary concern should be profit of the organization. Outsourcing the QA department often helps in saving funds ultimately adding up to the profit of your company. While choosing a QA testing partner, you must take notice of the cost at which the service is provided. Offshore QA testing partners (especially in the Asian countries) offer highly skilled labours at cheaper rate than in USA or UK.
- Work with Project Management and Collaboration Tools: Most of the large QA testing firms usually work with project management and collaboration tools in the first place. However, as precaution is always better than cure, you should be clear on the terms that your partner should use project management software like GIT and collaboration tool like MediaWiki or Collaboration in order to yield better results out of the testing procedure. It also makes the procedure easier and a lot faster.
- Insist on a Project Manager: When you are selecting your QA testing partner, you must make sure that your project is being handled by a senior official who is experienced in his job and is capable of taking major decision as and when required. If your project is being handled by a novice, chances are that it may go haywires due to the lack of experience and leadership qualities of the same.
- Proper Documentation: Detailed documentation of the work that has been done by your QA testing partner is an absolute must as it will help you in future references.
These pointers should suffice to help you to choose a good QA testing partner who will help you to prepare a better product that will gain customer satisfaction, ultimately leading to the goodwill of your company.
Software testing is one of the most vital parts of the software development life cycle, which solely decides the popularity of the developed software. As the testing processes are advancing, IT organizations are becoming more aware of its importance. Although multiple kinds of tests are available in the software testing the whole software testing procedure can be broadly classified as automated testing and manual testing procedure. As the whole software testing is based on these two parts, it is very important to know the difference between the two so that one can apply the right test in the right situation.
Automation Testing: Automation testing is the type of software testing procedure which is conducted with the help of testing tools like Selenium, J meter, QTP, Load Runner, Win Runner etc. Which are usually open source in nature and help the testers to perform various phases of the software testing life cycle. Automation testing is considered to be an integral part of manual testing,which takes lesser time due to the fact that they are done with the help of running scripts. Usually in the automation testing process the recitative functionalities of the software are checked solely by using tools. The regression testing is a lot less complicated with this procedure (due to the utilization of various tools) and more accurate and reliable results are obtained with the help of less number of testers. These tests are of high quality and can be done in multiple batches at the same time. You can also run automation tests on more than one machine at the same time. However, automation testing has some down sides which lies basically in the fact that it is an expensive procedure where knowledge of programming is absolutely necessary.
Manual Testing: The type of software testing, which is done primarily by the testers without the use of automatic tools or scripts is known as manual testing. Although it is accomplished primarily by the human beings, it consists of some of the most important phases of the software testing life cycle, which includes the likes of test planning, test deployment, result analysis, test execution, bug tracking and reporting tools. Although the processes of manual testing is a lot more complicated and time consuming, still it helps in the detection of a lot more bugs as the tests performed are random in nature and the testers are allowed to use their instincts for the detection of flaws. Random testing and Error guessing are two of the basic processes by which the manual testing results are obtained. As the use of tools are limited to this type of testing hence regression testing procedure becomes pretty complicated and hard to grasp and takes a lot more time to obtain the results. As there is practically no tool interaction with the manual testing process, hence it requires a lot more testers to get the work done and batch testing is impossible. The results obtained may be less accurate and reliable but the process is a lot less expensive and requires no knowledge of programming to be accomplished.
So these are the overall basic differences between the manual and automation testing of software. You can now decide which test would be best suited for your project and work accordingly.