Software testing is one of the most important parts of the software development life cycle which determines the success of the software in the user level. In this hectic world, no one has the time to spend on underrated software. People will not spare a minute to switch over to something new which has better performance level. Software testing ensures that your software is top notch and well accepted by the users.
Stress testing is the part of the software testing which deals with checking the robustness of the same. It checks the performance of the software under increased load or stressed situations, detects the glitches and reports back so that you can rectify them and create a better software. Various automated tools are available for the stress testing of the software and some of the bests are listed below.
- Apache JMeter: Apache JMeter is a stress testing tool which is specifically made for the applications which run on Java. It is equipped with an integrated test planning tool which helps in the testing of the software under various aggravated conditions.
- LoadRunner: LoadRunner has been manufactured by Hewlett Packard which can be utilised for checking the various performance issues of the software under various unfavourable conditions. One of the major advantages of the tool is that thousands of the users can utilize it at the same time.
- WebLOAD: Using the likes of Ajax, Adobe Flex, .NET, Oracle Forms, HTML5 etc, WebLOAD helps in checking the stress level of various web applications that are developed each day. It helps in checking performance of the web app in large scales with a huge number of users.
- Appvance: The unique design of Appvance allows people to produce codeless testing facilities which help in the stress testing procedure of the application. This tool can be used to stress test of the application from the beginning of the development.
- NeoLoad: If you are looking for a website which can be used to test and analyse the performance of any web applications under stressful or overloaded situations. It helps in the optimization of the various performance issues by evaluating the available results and thus helping you to rectify the various problems.
- LoadUI: LoadUI is an open source stress testing tool which works best along with performance testing tool SoapUI. This tool can be used to check the stress handling capability of various web applications. It is both flexible and interactive and eases the testing procedure.
- WAPT: This is one of those tools which give best value for money. WAPT allows you to test your various web applications under variable conditions. This stress testing tool allows you to check the application under variety of loads and is compatibility with all of the major browsers and operating systems.
- Loadster: The scripts produced by Loadster, by testing the various applications, is easy to figure out so that they can be rectified to produce a better application. It is based on HTTP functionality and stimulates large number of virtual users.
With the help of these tools, the stress testing procedure of the various software will be a lot easier and faster and the results produced will be more accurate in nature for better rectification of the same.